Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rant About Unexcused Absences from School

Hi guys. Its me again. I have a splitting headache today. So I figured it was the perfect time to let out my bad mood on today's post.

I woke up late today (around 9:15 AM) because I slept really late (4:12 AM) after finishing up my god-awful math homework. 40 problems every day. I'm NOT kidding. Its like she goes out of her way to make sure we stay tortured every day. Then again, what do you expect from a sadistic Algebra 2 Honors class?

Naturally, I thought I was screwed. I missed 2 periods: PE (who gives an ass about that class?) and English 2, my 2nd most favorite class. Fortunately, they had a substitute and only watched a movie during class, so I didn't miss much. So, I had 2 unexcused absences from school.

I called my mom and gave her the verdict. Being the understanding mom she is, she opted to call the school and excuse me from the impending doom of suspension from having more than 4 unexcused absences. She did so, but the office ladies told her that oversleeping is NOT an excuse for missing school.

Most of you will agree that oversleeping is definitely not a good enough excuse. I say, as long as the parent knows that their child missed 2 periods, what does it matter what the excuse is? The whole point of calling the office to excuse an absence is to make sure that the PARENT KNOWS that the child missed a certain number of classes. Why is oversleeping not a good enough excuse? Why do they got to be such an ass about that? To discipline us? If the child actually intended to skip out on the class, then I would understand. However, I'm talking about oversleeping, an innocent little mistake everyone makes. I say leave the disciplining to the parents, you old bags. Do your own job and help out with passing papers or whatever you do. I can't help but think that the office ladies were never children.

Maybe I'm too naive. I'll probably never understand the mechanics of running a school. What I DO know, however, is that the education system is DEFINITELY going down, just like everything else in the world. People are becoming jackasses left and right. My school is definitely one of these schools that garners the biggest number of douches ever.

Now I have 2 unexcused absences. One more and I'm history. I think I'm being overworked.

No comments:

Post a Comment